Assistance / Community Assistance Department

Work Order Request Descriptions

Click here to submit a Work Order Request Form

Adopt-A-County Mile
(Voluntary litter abatement program for Harris County Precinct 4 residents)

Basketball Goal Removal (Removal of basketball goals from county rights-of-way. Examples of applicable goals include a goal located on a county-maintained street from the sidewalk to the street or next to a curb.)

Concrete Repair (Example: Repair a broken curb in front of a residence; this does not apply to driveway aprons that tie into curbs.)

Culvert Maintenance (Cleaning or repairing a culvert)

Ditch Maintenance (Dig ditch to county grade specifications or report blockage)

Guardrail Repair (Repair of a guardrail)

No Parking Sign Request (Request for parking restrictions. This refers to general parking restrictions and does not relate to House Bill 327.)

Nuisance Abatement (Examples of nuisances on private property include accumulated rubbish, standing water, conditions that harbor insects and rodents, abandoned swimming pools, high weeds, and dilapidated structures)

Road Markings (Crosswalks, road marking/painting, stop bars, striping, or road buttons)

Right-of-Way Maintenance (Mowing, trimming limbs, or removing trash within county road rights-of-way)

Road Repair (Pothole repair or a request for asphalt, limestone, etc.)

Sidewalk Installation: Precinct 4’s “Sidewalk Policy” limits sidewalk installation from subdivision entrances to school property lines along a curbed major thoroughfare provided the proposed sidewalk connects to an existing sidewalk at the subdivision entrance and the school property line. Sidewalk requests that do not comply with the Sidewalk Policy, but will provide a safety component for children walking to school along a curbed thoroughfare, may be considered provided:

  1. The sidewalk installation is the only viable means for accommodating the school-related pedestrian activity and

  2. The requesting entity (local municipal utility district, homeowners association, or school district) funds 50 percent of the project costs.

A requesting entity may proceed with sidewalk installation without Precinct 4's participation and Harris County will accept the sidewalks for maintenance purposes should the improvements be built according to Harris County sidewalk specifications.

Sidewalk Maintenance: If the sidewalk damage is caused by a leak (sinkhole) in the storm sewer, Precinct 4 maintenance crews will repair the sinkhole and sidewalk. However, Precinct 4 will only repair a sidewalk that has been damaged by a sinkhole. If the sidewalk damage is not the result of a sinkhole, Precinct 4 will not be able to accommodate the request. Sidewalks are typically installed by the developer as an amenity to the community, therefore, sidewalk repair ultimately is the homeowner’s responsibility, unless the damage is caused by a sinkhole as noted above.

Sign Maintenance or Installation (Sign or barricade repair, installation, or replacement)

Speed Limit Analysis (Requests to lower or raise a posted speed limit outside of residential subdivisions)

Standing Water (Standing water next to a curb. For standing water in a ditch, please select ditch maintenance.)

Stop Sign Request (Requests for new stop sign installation. Note: Stop signs are used to control traffic at intersections and not to control speeding vehicles.)

Storm Drain Maintenance (Sinkhole repair or storm drain blockage)

Traffic Signal Request (Requests to install new traffic signals or to modify traffic signal timing. Contact 713-881-3210 to report blinking traffic signals.)