St. Peter’s Church was founded in 1848 by five German immigrant families who cleared the surrounding forestland for farms and built the church using lumber set aside from one of three local sawmills. A log cabin, erected in 1854, served as the house of worship until 1864 when the present building was dedicated. It is one of the oldest church buildings in continuous use in Harris County. Many of the founders’ descendants still worship at St. Peter’s Church where numerous original church artifacts are still in use. An early public school in west Harris County was located on this site. The cemetery adjoining the church grounds dates from 1848 and contains graves of many pioneers of the area. The church building was restored in 1967. (Recorded as a Texas Historic Landmark in 1967.)
9022 Longpoint Rd.
Spring Branch, TX 77055