All photographers must read these guidelines before registering at the front office for every photo shoot.
- All photographers must follow these guidelines while at Mercer Arboretum & Botanic Gardens.
- Projects intended for commercial use require prior approval (at least one week in advance) from the director of the facility. Copies of photos or film footage must be provided to the director of Mercer Arboretum & Botanic Gardens prior to publication, and Mercer Arboretum & Botanic Gardens should be named in the credits for location.
- Use of Mercer Arboretum & Botanic Gardens for individual portraits does not require prior approval.
- Mercer is open daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Note: The facility closes promptly at the posted closing hours. Please observe this schedule and allow enough time to finish your session and pack your gear before the closing time.
- Garden paths are narrow: Do not block walks or trails with equipment or models. There must always be room for carts, wheelchairs, strollers, and other patrons on the paths.
- Plants and flowers are fragile: Please stay out of flowerbeds and do not rearrange any plant identification signs. This includes areas beside the trails that do not have any flowers in them.
- Please do not move furniture or other items in the garden.
- Do not break off branches of plants for any reason. Violation of this policy will immediately end the photography session and the photographer will be banned from the facility permanently.
- Models must use the rest rooms for changing, but they may not leave clothing in the building. Unattended articles will be removed. Mercer Arboretum & Botanic Gardens is not responsible for lost or damaged personal items.
- Models or photographers are not allowed to stand on the walls of the prehistoric garden, the arches in the endangered species garden, or sit on the handrails of any of the bridges in the facility.
- This is a family park: Proper attire is required at all times. Models may not wear bathing suits of any style anywhere in the park. Indecent or revealing low-cut blouses, short dresses, skirts, or shorts are NOT ALLOWED. Male models must wear a shirt at all times. Failure to comply with this rule will result in an incident report being written and the photographer will be permanently banned from the facility.
- Please be considerate of other patrons at the facility. Respect the serenity of the garden and follow all rules and etiquette of the arboretum.
- Photographers will be financially responsible for all damage caused by their equipment and clients.
- No financial transactions may take place on county property.
Mercer Arboretum & Botanic Gardens is a beautiful place that requires many hours of hard work and effort to keep it beautiful. Compliance of these guidelines will maintain the level of beauty for all visitors to enjoy.
For more information or assistance, please contact Mercer at 281-443-8731.